Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Smithsonian X 3D


Smithsonian X 3D presents a variety of 3D collections. The objects are viewed in the sophisticated Explorer browser that allows incredible opportunities to manipulate, measure, adjust color and light and draw on images. Users may also take hotspot tours.
The website also includes resources for teachers in K-12 classrooms. The are continuing to create ways to support STEM education. In some instances students will be able to print models of museum objects or inventions. 
From the website: With only 1% of collections on display in Smithsonian museum galleries, digitization affords the opportunity to bring the remaining 99% of the collection into the virtual light. All of these digital assets become the infrastructure which will allow not just the Smithsonian, but the world at large to tell new stories about the familiar, as well as the unfamiliar, treasures in these collections.
Love this resource? Hate it? Use it all the time?  Tried it once and said “never again!” Share your comments: click on the green app title and post or rate the app below!

No comments:

Post a Comment